Monday 19 November 2012

Adventures of a child

       Today I woke up and felt like going on an adventure, and I did just that. I figured I’d write my story down for my buddy Mr. Herbert. He's a nice old fella, and he lives over on Spooner St. Hey! Speaking of ole Herb, he's in this here story, here let me tell you all about it.

      Like I said, I woke up and went for my adventure. I opened the front door and the adventure began. The first place I went was to Mr. Herb's but to my surprise when I opened the front door his house was empty. Apparently he had moved to another part of town. I was somewhat disappointed that he hadn't said good bye, so this is why I wrote this letter.

      Anyways back to my story, the next place my journey took me was to a tipi, there was some pretty scary stuff in there. There were lots of sharp pointy things, hats, animal furs. The scariest part was the guide! He was huge, at first I ran away. He called after me saying he wasn't going to hurt me so I finished the rest of the tour.

      When the tour was all done, I asked my new found friend the big fellow where to go, he then said I should go to the park. Taking his advice I went and played with all the kids that were there. I played for a few hours.

      I got rather bored after being there so long, so I went out to find some more adventure. I searched numerous places around the neighborhood until I came to the woods. I was told to, "Never ever, ever go into those woods." I considered this but then concluded that if Christopher Columbus gave up on his adventure; I wouldn't be here now would I? So with that in mind I puffed put my chest and away I went. It was dark, gloomy, and damp. I quickly became scared. My imagination got away on me, and I began to picture dragons, wolves, Boogeymen and every other deformed character I'd ever see in a scary movie. I got out of there, as fast as my little legs would carry me.

      Still scared, I climbed up a firm, solid oak tree. There I decided I would camp out for the night, in case I was being followed by unmentionable things. This of course lasted about thirty minutes when my boredom got the best of me. I then climbed down, and looked for something to quench my boredom.

      I soon found a fellow human, I knew I had seen him before, and even knew his name was Glen Quagmire.  He was mowing his grass as I was passing. I sized him up and figured that he must have been a nice guy. So I spoke up, he at first couldn't hear me so he turned off the lawn mower. We then began to chat about pointless things; I believe adults call it "small talk"? Well anyways we didn't talk about anything worth mentioning.

     While talking to Glen, I heard my mother's voice calling for me. As if on cue, my stomach started growling like a lion. I then hurriedly ran around the rest of the neighborhood at a quick pace. I located my house, and then proceeded to continue into my kitchen. There my eyes beheld a marvelous sight, a supper fit for a hungry adventurer. We sat, said grace then dug in. After supper I became very tired, I fell asleep on the couch where I dreamed dreamily dreams. My adventure was a complete success. Mission have fun all day accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment